We are getting close to being done with some more of our required training as well as our Letter of Intent. And unfortunately, no, this was not just a simple letter (seriously, I could have cried ya'll, what a cruel joke!) I describe it as being a smaller version of our dossier. I'm hoping we can submit it next week. We have our medicals on Friday and we should have our background clearance letters later this week. And then once we start our official dossier, we have to do more in depth versions of these again. We will hopefully be able to have the first step of our home study done this week as well. This consists of a phone interview with our program coordinator/person/not-entirely-sure-what-to-call-her lady and the social worker who will do our home study. I'm very thankful to be working with the agency we have. Everyone has been very helpful and sweet! (And it's so nice to have them tell you, and know they mean, that they're praying for you!)
Our first shirt fundraiser is about ready to launch as well. I designed 4 different shirts and instead of ordering all of them up front, I'm looking at partnering with a company that allows us to take preorders and then get them all the money just before ordering the shirts. So, stay tuned for them!
Please keep praying for this process. As with any family with a child half-way around the world, we want him home yesterday! And it goes even more with there are some medical issues involved. We also found out we will lose about 3 weeks worth of processing time due to shut downs in their government (one week next month and then about 2 weeks at the first of February for Chinese New Year). This is about the time I had hoped to be DTC (Dossier to China), which will give us a better picture of travel time. If you would, also be in prayer now for our transition. He will be around 3 when we bring him home, speaking a different language (not sure how well, but we're pretty sure it will be the only language he will have heard) and not used to being around men or white people. While having sister at home will help, we will still be the with him for 2 weeks before he meets her (unless we decide to bring her, still not sure yet - taking applications now for a person to come with us!). Pray for us as well, as it will be a lot to prepare for! All that to say, we truly are very, very excited and humbled to be the parents for this little guy!
I would ask that you pray for another family that has been in their second adoption from S. Korea for well over a year with no end in sight. :( And then another adoptive family is getting ready to go pick up their little girl in China this week. They will be gone for 3 weeks and will be leaving their other young kiddos at home.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment