After finding him on a waiting list at the end of last month, he stole our hearts and we said yes this month! We're so very excited and humbled to be on our way to him. (Growing up with 2 sisters, I only ever wanted boys - although I wouldn't trade our princess for anything!, so momma is very excited to be "expecting" a boy!)
We are now in the midst of the "paper chase". We submitted our first packet of paperwork (along with the first payment) and should be getting our home study scheduled this week, along with our orientation phone interview. We've also started on our "adoption training" needed, as this is a Hague adoption. We will need 30 hours total. It almost seems insurmountable at this point, but we've completed the marriage survey and I just got through the 10-hour online Hague training.
To help us maintain a little bit of sanity, and to satisfy my OCD, I made a check-list. I'll try to keep it updated as we go so you can also see where we are in the process. I've given very rough estimates on time frame and the steps needed to complete the adoption (although it may get revised as we get further into it).
We will start some fundraisers soon, too, and I think we've come up with some fun and unique ones to try. :) Our God is big and I know that He will provide everything we need to get this little guy home!
Would you consider praying for us as we begin this journey? We would also appreciate your prayers for our little boy, for his health and safety while he is waiting on us!

No comments:
Post a Comment