Monday, July 14, 2014

Finally.

It's summer. 

That means fun in the sun. Vacations. Swimming. Grilling. Gardening. Time with family. Camping. Canoeing. 

Happiness. 

And it's been most of those things for us. We've spent almost every day outside. At least for a few hours a day. 

Last month we brought home 2 kittens from my parent's house and Maleeya has loved getting to play with them. She named them Daezie and Miley. But I really didn't like Miley as it's also a human name (and I don't like mixing the two) so I changed it to Maezie. I wanted to start teaching her how to be gentle and kind. Let's just say it's a lesson she has to relearn every day. 

We also bought a trampoline last month off of Craigslist. (Umm...$40 for a trampoline? Yes please!) It's been a lot of fun. Jumping, jumping and more jumping. Maleeya loves it! She'd been asking for one for awhile and we were looking for an outlet for all of her energy (in hopes she would start sleeping better at night). But I've also found it works as a great place to suntan. And with the beautiful cooler temps we've been having, it's worked perfectly. 

Beautiful weather has also meant a great garden! We didn't think we would be here through the summer so we didn't plant much, just green beans and corn (although hubby later planted a few more things). We've been able to can several quarts of green beans and freeze some quart bags of corn. Not to mention having corn on the cob for several meals (and I've tried grilling it this year!). And speaking of grilling...a grill was seriously the best invention ever. Okay, maybe not the best, but it's up there on the list. I think we grilled every night last week. Food just tastes better when it's grilled. (And there's minimal mess in the kitchen, and no need to use the stove/oven so it's a win-win!) 

This year we get to go on a family vacation. And. I'm. so. excited!!! We'll also get to camp, so we can check that off the list. And swimming. Lots and lots of swimming. 

This has also been a tough summer. I really thought we would have been in Taiwan by now. And maybe have our second child. But neither of those has happened yet. And we don't seem to be any closer than we were 6 months ago. It's been hard. The laughter and fun we've had together so far has been like a band-aid. It's just covering the wound. 

Our house is still for sale. We're still exploring options for our next child. And we're still waiting. But trying to enjoy our summer. Together. As a family. <3

Please be in prayer for these requests:

- Our family as we wait, for Taiwan and our adoption. 
- Our next child, wherever he or she is from. 
- The new adoption laws that go into effect today. They're already proving to be complicated and frustrating. And may cost us extra money. I'm afraid they're going to discourage families from pursuing international adoption. And that makes my heart hurt. 
- The Home of God's Love. In addition to being the wonderful place our daughter spent the first several months of her life, it's also where we hope to begin our ministry. They're having some complications getting approved to continue adoptions. And they just built a beautiful new building that would ultimately allow them to take in more babies. 
- The sale of our house. I know there's a buyer out there. It's been a frustrating process so far. 

Thank you for loving our family and for praying for and supporting us!

No comments: