About 10 years ago, my husband, who was just my boyfriend at the time, and I were at our church's National Youth Conference in California. Every night they had a sermon followed by an invitation/alter call. Except on this particular night, they had an invitation (sort of) on the front end of the sermon. We were singing "I Surrender All" and both my husband and I went forward. Except, we didn't go together. He went up first and a little later, I went forward. We didn't pray together either. After we were finished we went back to our seats and sat through the rest of the service. And only later that night did we discuss our decisions at the alter.
We had both told God "yes" after we felt Him calling us to "go". When, where or how we didn't know, but we knew God had called us!
Fast forward 10 years, and we've been married almost 9 years and have a daughter we adopted that's almost 3. We've talked about that night several times and what we thought God meant. Initially we thought maybe it was the adoption of our little girl, but now we know it meant something so much more...more than we ever dreamed of.
Stayed tuned for more of this story. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment