Thursday, August 15, 2013

Frustrating Fear

Unfortunately we have nothing new to report on our next adoption. :( We thought there was an open door (I even had a dream about it), but it seems to have shut for now. We're hoping and praying another door we're going through will work out and we hear something soon, but I'm trying not to stress over it. Instead, I'm going to try and enjoy every moment with my little family and wait on the Lord {um, yes, that is so much easier said than done!}. With summer nearing an end, we're just trying to soak up as much sunshine as possible and simply have fun. 

I think my biggest worry with our next adoption {and any adoption we will pursue}, is that by trying to wait and hoping the Lord works everything out, we miss the child we're supposed to adopt. What I mean is, we're not filling out a bunch of applications with a bunch of different agencies and getting on a bunch of waiting lists, because, well frankly, that  would be expensive. I am still looking at the waiting child lists, although that's still a little hard right now, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and an open heart about it. 

I read something in a devotional not too long ago that was very encouraging about this whole I-want-to-follow-the-Lord's-will-but-I'm-scared-to-take-the-next-step-because-it-could-be-the-wrong-one thing - it was something along the lines of: "if our God is big enough and wise enough to direct our steps to begin with, then He's surely big enough to get us back on the right path if we get lost. We don't need to be stressing over it."  

Whew. That was a very liberating thought for me. I have probably lived a lot of my life in that fear. I hate that about myself. I've always been scared to make a mistake while trying to following Christ. But knowing He will still have His hand on me guiding me back to where I need to be is a very comforting thought!

I realize this might not be a huge thing for some, but I have to say, it was for me. 

So, even though we have no idea what we're doing, or where our next child will be coming from, or when he or she will be coming home, we're going to fix our eyes on the Lord, wait for His timing and trust His leading. Even if we get off course, it'll be okay. He'll find us and get us back exactly where we need to be, right where He wants is. 

Stop living your life in fear and just...live! ⚓

No comments: