Friday, April 26, 2013

Keep Changing the World...For One

I was blessed to be able to go on a road trip with some wonderful adoptive mommas up to Kansas City last Saturday afternoon and watch the powerful documentary "Stuck". I won't go into too much detail on it because Jen did a great job of blogging about everything here if you want to read about it.
 
It was actually on the way home that night that I heard this great new song called "Keep Changing the World" by Mikeschair (w/Lecrae).  
Here are some of the words:

"Something here is wrong - there are children without homes, but we just move along to care of our own. There's so much suffering just outside our door. A cry so deafening that we just can't ignore.

To all the people who keep fighting for the broken, All the people who keep holding onto love, All the people who are reaching for the lonely - keep changing world!

Take a look around before the sun goes out, what's lost can still be found, it's not too late now. It only takes one spark to make the fire burn so reach inside your heart and let this be the start..."

Sometimes I think it would just be easy to walk away from it all...there's too much drama, it's {ridiculously} expensive, it's hard, it's heart-wrenching and most days I question whether or not I'm cut out to be a mom to children from "hard places" because, if I'm being honest, I don't feel good enough. I'm afraid I'll do more damage to the child than if she was left where she was. Then I realize what that would mean...she would be left in a country where she may die before she turns 5, where she may be sick and/or malnourished most of her life, catch a disease that will take her life that could have been treatable or even preventable, be sold into slavery, left in the streets and worse...this breaks my heart more than any amount of pain I might experience in the journey to bring her home.


This song really speaks volumes to me - "to all the people who keep fighting for the broken...keep changing the world!" These children are worth it! They deserve a family who will fight for them, who will love them, who are willing to do whatever it takes to bring them home.

So, even though it's been a rough 4 months where we feel like absolutely nothing has happened {except our bank account being drained ;)} and it seems as though we will never be able to bring our little girl home, we will keep fighting for her, keep fighting to change her world!

No comments: