Monday, October 8, 2012

Life

It's been a little while since I've updated. Life has been...well, a bit busy. :) We have a very active toddler who fills our days (and some nights!) with all sorts of fun. (Okay, the nights are not any fun, but I guess the days make up for it.) Where in the world did summer go?! Sometimes I wish there was a rewind button for life...sometimes. ;)

We recently decided to get some chickens to raise. Our itty bitty LOVES eggs and animals, so we thought it would be kind of fun. :) We got 4 baby chicks a few months ago and then added 5 more older chickens this past weekend. Unfortunately, we lost one of our original chickens a couple weeks ago. :( We also added 2 ducks. Hubby has built a great-looking coup/pen for them. And it has been fun watching them grow and taking Maleeya out to see them. One of the older ones decided it would be a bird this weekend and fly out of the pen. In trying to get it back in there, she flew up on top of our shed (connected to the coup) and then on up into a tree. Silly thing. The 5 older chickens are already laying eggs, and we've already got 3 eggs. Kind of cool. :)

Our baby little BIG girl is almost 2 now! Whoa! Not even sure how that is possible! I still look at her and am totally amazed that God chose us to be her parents. Insane! She is growing up wayyy too fast! She totally blows us away each and every day. She's absolutely beautiful! Her hair is getting so long and is just...well, it looks like she has red highlights in it. LOVE it! Fixing her hair is going to be so much fun! She continues to learn more and more every day. She picks up on stuff so fast! Seriously she has to be the smartest little girl! I'm not sure how much cuter could this girl get?!




             (This photo courtesy of Keri Douglass & Portraits of Promise)

Anyway, as you'll notice you now have to have a password to read this blog. We had some drama some up based on something I wrote several months ago. I'm not sure why people feel the need to start stuff over nothing. :-\ Boggles my mind...the comment stemmed from this post. Anyway, the comments (that came from a conversation Adam had with this person and based off of a conversation or 2 they had had with other people) hurt. Bad. Deep. I'm just unsure how to handle stuff like this. I've never known people like this. Maybe I've been sheltered my whole life, I don't know. We would appreciate your prayers though! We need the strength to keep moving ahead, following the Lord's will, regardless of what other people say, and frankly, that's hard! Like, rediculously! It makes you question everything. But at the same time, I think it definitely grows your faith and your family.

So, we're still talking and praying about our next steps. We got our updated home study done and have our I-600a app filled out and ready to go. It's all sitting on our kitchen table ready to be mailed. Hopefully soon.

Well, on another note, welcome to fall! :) Or winter. I think we almost skipped fall! Although they say it's supposed to warm up next wek. But I love this time of year! (Except for the cold weather!) We are so blessed and have soooo much to be thankful for! God is wonderful and amazing and I'm looking forward to this season!

No comments: