Friday, February 17, 2012

Glad that HE knows the plans HE has for us

So a few weeks ago I posted about a change that has been in the making...or should I say, coming. Well, here it is. :) God has been working on us since we returned home from Taiwan 6 months ago. I remember Adam saying while we were there, "why don't we just stay?" And I distinctly remember thinking, "no way!" Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVED it there, but I wanted to get home and become a family of 3. I was happy where I was. We have a beautiful house that we have made our home, I love my job and well, frankly, I was comfortable. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to be uprooted from everything that has become familiar and easy. But, as I have learned in the last 6 months (more so than ever!), our ways are not God's ways, our plans are not His plans and for once I am okay with that! :) After all, if I had had my way, we wouldn't have Maleeya! I said all that to say, the Lord has laid it on our hearts to return to Taiwan, not necessarily as missionaries, but rather to just go and be a blessing to those already serving in the country. Adam has been ready to return since we got home, but it has taken me a little longer. (Which is funny b/c it was just the opposite w/our adoption.) Right now, we don't know much more than that - that God has called us to go. We don't know when and we don't know where. I've been in contact with some missionaries and with a couple organizations, but we don't know anything yet. We're still praying and still seeking the Lord's will and direction and timing. It's scary yet exciting, daunting yet exhilarating, unnerving yet I'm at peace. I'm thankful I serve a God that can see our future and has promised that in that future He's not going to harm us, but give us HOPE. I'm resting in that.

3 comments:

Matt and Sarah said...

Oh Hannah!!! This made my heart leap! We've been praying that God would continue to show you his path for your future. I'm SO excited for you (and a little jealous). We'll keep praying that He shows you all of the details. Love you friend.

April said...

Hannah, that's incredible! So excited to hear what's next for the three of you!

K said...

Hi there! I just have to say that when we were in Ethiopia, my husband said that EXACT SAME THING. Who knows where the journey will take us?! I'm excited to see your story unfold with the Perfect Author. :)