Whew...I don't know about you but the end of the year was a whirlwind for us! so much so that I don't remember much of it. (or that could be from loosing my memory/mind since becoming a mom...) Ha! :) although it was a little crazy, it was super fun! Thanksgiving, M's 1st birthday party (her birthday is on Christmas, but we celebrated a week early to make sure she had a weekend all her own...and because we were going to be busy the weekend of Christmas), Christmas and then our 7-year wedding anniversary (which is on New Year's Day). such a blessed time of year being with family and celebrating what's important. it was even more special this year because we had our daughter with us to celebrate. she enjoyed meeting and playing with some new cousins and of course opening presents (okay, so she enjoyed shredding and playing with the tissue paper more than the present itself). :)
so here we are, a new year, 2012 (the last year we will all be here, right? ;) hehe) and this month is already almost half over. my goal for this year is to try and live every day intentionally (my word for the year is "intentional"). I need to try and be more purposeful in what I do and how I live. for the most part this has to do with my relationships - with my family and with my Savior. this has meant trying to stay off the computer while baby cakes is awake (please don't take this to mean that I never spent any time with her before!), spending quality time with my husband (not just "quantity time") and taking time each day to have a devotion. so far, I haven't done too bad. the computer has stayed shut and we've played more together as a family than we had been. I've also started a devotion series by Gary Chapman about the 5 Love Languages. I hope this can continue because it really has been a nice change. I LOVE my family and am soooo blessed to have my wonderful husband and sweet daughter and I want to make sure I don't ever have any regrets.
so what about you? do you have a "word for the year" or some goals you would like to accomplish?
No comments:
Post a Comment