Wow! We have been home for just over 2 weeks and my oh my did we have to hit the ground running! :) Maleeya is full of energy and life! and sooo much fun! she's such a happy girl, too. as long as she's not tired. :) I still can't believe we have her here w/us! I keep expecting to wake up from this dream...
we've been working on getting her on a schedule that resembles the one she was on in the orphanage, but so far, it's not exactly working. for the first few days we were home we couldn't get her to eat any solid food (she only wanted bottles), which worried us just a little bit, but after a couple days she went back to eating normally. she now has a very good appetite! she eats solid food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and 24-26 ounces of formula/day (and if she doesn't have at least that much milk, she's up in the middle of the night wanting more!) we've been trying to stick to the same bedtime in hopes she would get used to it and it worked for a few days - she slept from about 10:00 pm - 6:00 am only waking up a couple times for about 5 minutes each time (we have to go in and pick her up and comfort her for her to go back to sleep), but then she went back to not wanting to go to bed and waking up and not wanting to go back to sleep (right now she's waking up about every 3 hrs and it's super hard to get her back to sleep). ugh...just when we were getting it figured out...:) ha! I think she's just trying to keep us on our feet. :) I guess in her defense I should also mention that I think she's teething...we thought she was the first week we got home, but nothing ever popped through and now it seems she's back at it...she may have several pop through at once! who knows! :)
the first week we were home we began to see huge improvements on her crawling, too! at the orphanage she would kind of frog-hop and then army crawl, but now she is on all four's going all over the place! she's also pulling up more and wanting to stand (I think this is partially due to the fact we have had her in a bouncer and her little legs have been getting stronger) :) I guess I should maybe enjoy her just crawling right now and not running all over the place, right? ;)
being parents is definitely hard work, but it has been so much fun! her smile melts our hearts and makes those late nights worth it! she has her "dada" wrapped around her little finger, too. :) (did I mention she said "dada" the very first morning we met her as soon as she saw Adam?! smart girl!)
we absolutely loved our time in Taiwan and loved getting to know Ted and Bev! they are a wonderful couple doing a great job caring for the orphans! we are so thankful for the great care shown to our little girl during her time there, too! and we are super blessed to have our baby here w/us now - in our wonderful family of 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment