Monday, May 2, 2011

Our New Home

Since I haven't talked about it on here, I thought I would fill everyone in the other journey we had last year - the journey to home-ownership. As many may or may not have known, Adam and I had been looking to buy a home for a while (probably on and off for about 4 years) and we had just about given up, but the Lord provided us a beautiful house right when we needed it. :)

Okay, now let me back up a little...you see felt let to adopt in December of 2009 but we knew we needed a better house than the one we were currently in (not only for the baby's sake, but we weren't real sure it would pass the home study). We thought we had found the perfect house in February 2009, but it didn't end up working out (and I cried when we "lost" it!). We were absolutely devastated. That was in May (long story short, the guy took it to auction and we were outbid).

We knew that God wanted us to adopt and so in August, we decided to take a step of faith and go ahead and put our application in trusting that the Lord would work out all the details. We put in our application on August 12, 2009 and on August 27 we had found a house we both loved and had put in our initial offer. By September 3 we were signing the official contract for our new house!!! (Okay, has anyone done the math on that? If not, I will do it for you :) - barely 2 weeks later, God provided the perfect home - I'm still in shock over that one! This one was so much better than that first one - it was in our price range and would still allow us to completely renovate it. It was also in a much better location for both of our jobs.)

God is awesome!!! I still can't get over how God has worked everything out. On the days that I'm down over the fact that we haven't been able to bring her home, I sit back and try to remember that God has been faithful to provide thus far and will continue to do so.

With all that being said, I will try and post some pics of the house. :)



Front of the house this winter (after the big snow storm) :)


View from the back of the house (notice the big back yard with my bro-in-law & mother-in-law walking through it)

No comments: