Here we are, already in the second month of 2010 - 1 month down, 11 to go. It's crazy how fast the month passed! It seems like only last week, hubby and I were celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary...and yesterday, celebrating my nephew's 2nd birthday. Goodness, sometimes I wish I had the ability to slow the time down, maybe just a little...like that guy on Hero's. At least I think that's what he does...
Anyway, at the beginning of the year, I didn't give much thought to resolutions. I mean, yes, I knew it was "that time of the year" for them (and they were constantly talked about on TV and on the radio), but I really don't think they're ever something I truly put much stock in. After all, they say most people break them only 2 or 3 months into the year (the best time to buy exercise equipment is around March), so why set yourself up to fail? Now, don't get me wrong, resolutions are not bad, nor are all resolutions broken...but some can be and most are. :)
Now for the reason I am writing, er, typing the blog...in the last few weeks, I have come to a realization of sorts, if you will. I have begun to notice that often times I let other people's attitudes and actions determine mine. Instead of enjoying life and the fullness of it, I get bogged down by sour moods. And it doesn't take much before I simply get upset with life. And it's stupid. Right now I may not be in the greatest of work situations, although I LOVE the girls I work with, my supervisors are often times hard to deal with, more specifically, their moods are, but I LET their mood influence mine. I let them steal my joy. Instead of focusing on just relaxing and having fun and being the best bank teller I can be, I find myself just waiting for the next mean look or snotty comment.
So, here is my...solution. Jesus came to give us life, and life more abundantly. In order to live my life "more abundantly" I need to spend time with the One who came to bring us that life. If I would only spend more time with Him and set my mind on things above to start the day, then maybe my mood could influence someone else's mood and not vise-versa. I am resolving to begin doing devotions each morning (and hopefully each evening with my hubby - something we are trying to get started on) before I head out to face the day - 10 minutes to start out with. And hopefully work up from there. I will try to be an encouragement to those around me. There are people hurting and looking for some hope and if I am tangled up in someone else's mess, I can't be there for them. This world desperately needs Jesus. Let's all try to be hope and love to those who need uplifted. Let's let Jesus change our hearts and actions to be more like His! I think of Brandon Heath's song, "Give Me Your Eyes" - make that your prayer today.
"Give me Your eyes for just one second, give me Your eyes so I can see, everything that I've keep missin', give me your love for humanity. Give me Your arms for the brokenhearted, ones that are far beyond my reach, give me heart for the ones forgotten, give me Your eyes so I can see..."
No comments:
Post a Comment