Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is coming...

I can't believe it's almost Christmastime again! Where has this year gone??? As I look back over the year, I can see how the Lord has worked in our lives. We've been through some challenging times, but through it all, it has brought us closer together and closer to the Lord. I'm looking forward to next year! I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

We have yet to get any of our Christmas decorations up, not to mention our Christmas tree. :0 I've actually helped put up and decorate 2 already, just not ours. Hopefully, fingers crossed, we can get it up this week. I get off at noon on Christmas Eve, and that might have to work. :) We'll see.

As Christmas gets closer, Christmas traditions come to mind. Adam and I started our first last year. We buy a Christmas movie and watch it either Christmas Eve night or Christmas morning. We watched "A Christmas Story" last year. I had worked at a Hallmark store at the time and I heard about it quite frequently (and saw all the Christmas memorabilia), so I decided to get it. Let's just say, we can say we've seen it. :) I'm not sure either one of us was real impressed. I'm looking at a few movies right now for this year - "Elf," "Christmas With the Kranks," "Fred Claus," "Noel," "All I Want For Christmas," or "The Christmas Card." If anyone has seen any of the above and has an opinion, let me know. :)

We're also trying to decide where to go for our anniversary trip this year. We'll celebrate our 4th year of marriage on New Year's Day - craziness! We're going to try and keep it within about 4 hours from here. Any suggestions? Needless to say, I'm excited to get away with Adam for a little bit. It should be lots of fun regardless of where we go. :)

Well, I pray that each of you has a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! May you remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas now and all year round - Christ sent to us as a baby, sent to us to die for our sins and give us a home in heaven with Him. What an awesome, awesome gift!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You didn't like A Christmas Story? Ya know, Brian didn't either. I think it's because you didn't see it as a kid. I think it makes all the difference - it's probably my favorite of all time. I watched it over and over and over when I was a kid. Weston or Parkville might be fun getaway places. I've been to Parkville - but my mom is always talking about Weston! Happy Anniversary!!!