Well, after the first full week of work, everything is going great. I love it so far! It's great to finally be working with girls my own age (the last 2 banks I worked at, they were almost all over 40 with grown kids and grandkids). It's still kind of strange to think that I finally have a full-time job...but, I'm very thankful. And at this bank, I actually get to just be a teller; I haven't been overwhelmed with a ton of other things to be responsible for learning and doing, which is nice - not that I wouldn't mind doing other things at some point.
I guess if I was going to complain, the only thing I would complain about is how bad my feet hurt at the end of the day. We do get to sit a lot, but we are also on our feet quite a bit. I need to go shoe shopping and find some really comfortable shoes; if anyone has any suggestions for nice, comfortable dressy shoes, let me know. Adam has been giving me a hard time because I come home really tired w/sore feet, and he's like - "Well, now you know how I feel." :P I end up being tired though, because it's been kind of slow and slower days make you more tired than if it were constant. Oh well, truthfully, I'm really not complaining, because I am very, very thankful for the job and I do love it.
So, it seems like this week has been really busy. I think we were gone about every day. Adam's sister was here from Nashville and his brother was back from his internship in CO (and heads back to KSU tomorrow), so we went to his parent's house on Wednesday to eat with them and then went out to eat at Chicken Mary's Friday night. We also went to Girard twice this week to look at houses (more on that below). And today, I got absolutely nothing done that I wanted to. I was so exhausted I slept in (though not as long as I wanted), and then went to my parent's house for a little while (and cut my sister's hair while I was there) and when I came back home, I sat on the couch and just shopped online. Adam and I then watched a few episodes of Stargate. And then tonight we went to the Lamar Fair and walked around. I got to see a few people I went to school with that I hadn't seen for awhile, so that was nice.
We've been trying really hard to find a house, either to buy or rent so we can get out of this one - since it is sooooo inefficient. We only have about 3 months before winter hits and we'd like to be out of here by then. We found a few houses in Girard to look at, even went inside one, but we're just not sure. I would love to move into my "own" house and not have to worry about moving again (at least not for awhile). And start designing it the way I want it and not have to worry about throwing money down the drain. So anyway, we're really praying about that right now.
Well, tomorrow starts a new week, so we'll see what the week holds. I actually wake up happy to start a new week now (aside from the fact that I wake up tired), which is great. :) And we get to go on vacation next week, so I'm really looking forward to that (even though it's only Branson). :) Anyway, hope it's a great week! Wishing you all the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment